Monday, January 2, 2012

Roganisms

He has quite a few "sayings" that he's picked up from various places. New ones this holiday season are "where are you?" usually referring to the cats or a parent. The other new One he started today is "gimme a minute", while holding up a hand with his fingers stretched like he's telling you to halt. I was curious about this one until I saw Ryan laughing. When Rogan asks for something he will keep asking for it in increasing severity until it is given (or he's told no), so to abate the constant pestering Ryan requently tells Rogan "ok, give me a minute" while holding out his hand just like Rogan did. Today we were in the family room playing all three of us, Rogan gets up, walks to the bathroom, turns, says "gimme a minute" and goes in the bathroom and shut the door. This obviously happened about 20 more times. Since we were smiling and saying "ok" to him each time. But I could tell he felt like such a big boy saying and acting just like Daddy. Very cute.

Another very sweet moment was when Rogan needed help with a new Cars iPad app. It's more of a Super Mario-like game with the cars. If you don't jump correctly you drive into water, and you collect coins, well they are actually car parts, along the way. Reminds me of my childhood. Rogan likes jumping, but needs assistance to get anywhere productive in it, which is fine. I was resting on the couch, and I could hear him start playing this game next to me. And every 20 seconds, an "oh no! Water!" came out of his mouth. Ryan hadn't seen the game yet, and I was laying down so I told Rogan to ask daddy to help him get past the water, which he did very nicely. Ryan helped him while Rogan looked on loving it. When they had finished the level (level 1, haha) Rogan was very excited and gave Ryan a huge hug! It was so cute. I wish I had it on video. He was so proud of what he and his dad did.... Ok well mostly dad. I think Ryan will play that game even without Rogan, it's pretty fun for all!

No comments:

Post a Comment