Tuesday, January 10, 2012

No More Crib!

Well, 3 of the 4 sides are still there. But he's no longer a caged little boy. He can get up when he wants. Most of me likes this thought. He's almost 2, he's very verbal, there is no reason he should be forced to stay in there longer than he wants. But the small part of me really enjoyed having that boundary. But it was time, we are not buying another crib, so before baby #2 comes, Rogan will be in a big bed.


We took off the front and put up a guard rail Sunday morning. Sunday nap was normal and great, Sunday bedtime took a little longer than normal to put down (maybe 20 minutes instead of 10) but still great and he slept until 6am, which is fine. When he woke up he opened his door himself and came down the hall and I met him at our bedroom door. (we still have the monitor in his room so I could hear him get up and leave)


Yesterday's nap (he was home with me sick) was again fine. Slept for an hour, can't complain, and last night he went to bed even better than the first. Maybe 15 minutes. And he wasn't totally asleep when I left...


BUT he decided to wake up at 4am. And instead of whining for a few minutes and going back to sleep like he would have done in a crib, he came and got me. Luckily he was still quite sleepy, but laying him back in his crib he just stared at me and thought it was really fun that Mommy and Rogan were having a sleepover. Rocking in the chair also wasn't working, he kept kicking his legs while we rocked, which is his "tell" when he's not asleep on my shoulder. Asleep = the kicking stops. So after almost an hour we moved to the guest bed, which will be his bed very soon and that will be a much better situation. After 15 minutes of rolling around he got comfortable enough using me as a pillow. He fell fast asleep, but then my alarm went off for work at 5:30am, and I woke up, and he woke up, which totally upset me since we could have kept sleeping since I went in late to work and he went late to daycare to make sure he was over his stomach bug. argh. yawn.


But he is such a cutie, and has my heart completely. waking up at 4am is worth it for the right guy.


Rogan helped change Brobie's diaper yesterday. He was quite proud of himself. Rogan has quite the imagination and likes to give Brobie drinks of his sippy and bites of his food. I'm going to use this to my advantage. Brobie is going to start sitting on the potty soon. hehehe.






No comments:

Post a Comment