Tuesday, January 31, 2012

Aren't Almost-2-Year-Olds Supposed to Sleep More Than This???

UUUGH.

last night Rogan crashed at 7:30. We were going to have a bath, he was terrible and resistant. Then his head was on my shoulder, then his eyes were closed. You get the picture.

So we went to bed. He is amazing at going to bed. No peeps, goes right down. But if he wakes up, watch out!!

He woke up at 8:30, crying. Nightmare? Stuck under the blankets? who knows, but he was up. I managed to put him back to sleep in his bed with little trouble. And being the sneaky mom I am, I wedged his large puppy he sleeps with between him and the crib with the puppy arm over him to simulate me sleeping next to him. (one of my smarter moves, I think).

Ryan slept in the guest room, convinced he'd wake up before too long, and was ready to intercept him. But he slept...

Ryan came back into bed around 3:45am, and Rogan woke up 10 minutes later. Just our luck. Ryan tried to get him to sleep with him in the guest room, but I could hear the wails down the hall. So I went in, he calmed down, and we started to rock in his room.

Then... in the darkness... he's pointing to something on the floor, saying "I want that one". No idea what it is, I can barely see!! a sippy? a blanket? a stuffed animal? no... it's a TOY. WHAT?!?! it is 4 in the morning?!?! but he really wanted to play with it. we sat in the dark and played (it's a box with the beads you wind through the metal maze like you find at Dr. offices). I told him it was 4am, but he didn't care. argh.

Then it was time to go downstairs to watch Yo Gabba Gabba. Seriously? I can sleep through a lot, but this show isn't one of them. So we sat, and we watched. At 5am I asked Ryan to switch with me since he was asleep, this would let me get a solid 30 minutes before my alarm! And he got up quickly, but Rogan was furious with the change. Screaming for me, which does no one any good. He's upset, Ryan's getting screamed at, and I can't sleep. So back down I went. And after a little time with both of us I snuck upstairs at 5:30, and decided I didn't need a shower, those 10 minutes were going towards laying in bed in the silence.

So I'm sleepy, Ryan is sleepy. I have to imagine Rogan is sleepy.

No comments:

Post a Comment