Wednesday, January 11, 2012

Night 4 update

A much better night tonight! Ryan put him to bed for the first time since the crib wall came off. Maybe it was that it was daddy, maybe he was super tired, maybe he just understood what was going on, but it was great.

It took about 20 minutes, and he did get back up once, went to the door, Ryan was waiting there and when it opened Rogan took his hand and led him back to him bed. So at least he wants to be there, he just doesn't want to be alone. I'll take that.

After a few more minutes of laying close to him Ryan left and shut the door. There was some whining. He called for mommy a few times, but didn't get up. I thought he would get up at any moment. I was preparing to start all over. But no! He went to sleep! That is huge in my book. Sometimes calling for mommy is so second nature to him he will say it even when he doesn't mean it, it's his go-to word. He does it in his sleep too.

Now he is sleeping quietly. Also, he got up at 5:22am this morning. So still early, but better. For me this wasn't too big of a deal since I get up at 5:30, but Ryan usually sleeps until almost 6, so it was an adjustment for him.

I think Ryan and I decided we can't go back to a crib now. And it's not like he's getting up a ton in the middle of the night, never! or even tht it takes a long time to go to bed. He's a really easy kid. At any age it will be an adjustment, so I think we will stick to it.

No comments:

Post a Comment