Tuesday, January 10, 2012

Ugh... That was a long bedtime.

Night #3 of Rogan having no crib wall, and I'm starting to doubt that this was a good idea.

Bedtime ritual from start to finish was over 30 minutes tonight.
Brush teeth
Nite nite and kisses for daddy
Then Rogan and I go to his room, turn on his music, and start to rock in the chair
We rock for 1 song, about 4 minutes, and then I usually lay him down.
For the past 3 nights I've been rocking him a little longer, but not much.

Now instead of laying down, saying I love you, and walking out, I have to lay next to him.
Which I did for a few mins, then walked out... But he got up and followed... This happened twice. Argh.

So we started over, rock rock... Lay down, this time me with my face covered at the foot of his bed so he can't see my face or touch me, but I'm there.
And after 5 mins of being folded in half on his mattress, he's out, and I sneak away.

Since this morning he was up at 4am, I'm hoping for 6am or later... If not that crib front might be going back up.

No comments:

Post a Comment