Tuesday, January 31, 2012

DIY Craft - Hanging Weekly Planner

I got this idea from pintrest.com, a new website I'm currently addicted to. If I had unlimited resources my house would be completely transformed. But since that's sadly not the case, I'll be happy doing some litle things around the house - like filling these empty walls we still have after almost living here 3 years, and finding new recipes.

I've ordered a few things on Amazon, not everything on pintrest is DIY, so those will come later once I've gotten them, but this DIY craft was something I really thought we could use, and I was in the mood for a craft night.

Thanks to Ryan for running around with Rogan while I was doing this, it is much appreciated. Sometimes a little bit of craftiness is all a girl needs to recharge.

Here are my supplies:

9 5x7 photo frame: $19.99
scrapbooking paper: $12.99 (expensive!! since i'm not a scrapbooker this was a surprise, but I used more than I thought I would, but have leftovers)
2 sheets of letters: $1.99 each
command strips for wall hanging: $3.50
dry-erase markers: $2.00

so if my math adds, that's a total of $42.50, not a steal, but not horrible. But if I would have purchased the same personalized end product, plus shipping, I'm guessing it would have been more than that. So for my first adventure, I'll take it.


To make the planner I cut 5x7 sheets from the scrapbook paper, used the letters to assign the days (I could have used a printer too, but the letters were sparkly!!).


Place the paper in the frames. the 2 extra squares I designated to groceries and a decoritive personal square in the middle. once it's finished and hung you use the dry erase marker on the glass to write your menu or upcoming events for that week.

Here is how it turned out!
Note: the command strip at the bottom right of the middle square is covering Baby #2's name... I tentatively put it on there, but not ready to commit or tell to the world.

No comments:

Post a Comment