Tuesday, July 12, 2011

Really... again?!?

my poor baby... well, I guess he's not really a baby anymore.

Sunday Rogan started teething again... ugh. He has 16 teeth... and has had them all for at least 2 months... but now, apparently 2 year molars are starting to make their way to the surface. WHAT?!?! He's 16 months... um... I can do the math... that's 4 months earlier than my toddler book says is "early". "Expect 2 year molars to appear between 20-28 months"... I WANT A REFUND!! More importantly, I wanted Rogan (and us) to get a little more relief from teething. We were really enjoying our happy boy who isn't working on any more teeth. boo.

Rogan has done awesome with his first 16 teeth. We had the common drool, fussiness, chewing on the fingers etc, but these seem to be worse.

This time we have a little drool, diareah, fussiness, and refusing to eat, and refusing to drink occasionally. Refusing food has never happened before. I wasn't sure if it was a bug or teething... but his symptoms match teething, he doesn't have a fever, and most of the time he is acting perfectly fine. If he were sick he'd be sick consistently. Rather than fussing in and out. At least that's my opinion.

This morning he woke up early, and wasn't happy. I got him and brought him down for breakfast and he starts pulling on his cheek. So that sealed the deal for me. Teething it is! Then, bless his heart, he starts crying! Rogan has 2 different cries. One cry when he wants something, doesn't get his way, or is mad... this cry we hear most. Then there is his sad/scared cry, which comes with the cutest pout face that will melt anyone's heart. That's what we had this morning. The sad cry. My poor baby.

We gave him some tylenol to try to take the edge off. After 20 minutes or so he let me feed him half a package of oatmeal and drank his milk. Hopefully they come in fast!

No comments:

Post a Comment