Wednesday, July 20, 2011

Kudos to Ryan!!

I took Rogan to Champaign for a day this past weekend. We had a great time playing with my family, we went to Prairie Farm, and climbing on unexplored furniture.

We were gone a little over 24 hours, in that time Ryan was able to:

Get rid of all the weeds in the front yard and back patio landscape
Trim our front bushes
Bag up all above weeds and trimmings
Organize our garage... hanging his bike and Rogan's outside toys
Blew out the garage of all dust, dirt, and leaves. It's SO CLEAN NOW!
Installed 2 gates at the top of our staircases so Rogan can run down the hall without us
Hung Rogan's quilt rack we got from my parents for Christmas
Did the dishes
and washed our sheets

SUCH A HELPFUL HUSBAND!!

hopefully he also got to relax, play some World of Warcraft (yes, he's still playing), and sleep in on Sunday without a baby monitor next to his head.

Rogan and I ended up sleeping in the same bed most of the night. He woke up at midnight, and in a crib he's not used to I could tell from his fussing he wasn't going to go back to sleep easily...

So he and I snuggled the rest of the night. I got crappy sleep, but it was worth it. He's always been an independent sleeper. He likes you to put him down so he can sleep. Rarely will he fall asleep ON me unless he has no other choice. I've only slept with him once before around christmas, so its nice to have my little man next to me hitting me in the face for a change. :) Even us being in the same bed, he was still an independent sleeper. His snuggling is limited to rolling away from you and pressing his back against you, or propping his legs up on your body. haha. funny kid.

No comments:

Post a Comment