Wednesday, April 18, 2012

So we have a plan....

A little part of me is saying this pregnancy went really fast, and I can't believe it's almost over.  A bigger part of me is yelling "YAY I WON'T BE PREGNANT ANYMORE!!!"  It's just not my favorite thing.  But my boy(s) are, so I am more than willing to do it, of course. 

Yesterday 4/17:  NST and OB appt.  Was checked and not even 1cm dialated.  No biggie, didn't expect anything.
Friday 4/20:  Hopefully my last NST (non-stress test).  Making sure Baby #2 is still all good.  The OB will check dialation again. 
Monday 4/23:  9AM amnio to confirm lung maturity.  Will hear results that afternoon.  Depending on results there are 3 possible scenarios:

1) lungs are mature, but still not dialated, so going into the hospital Monday night for some extra induction prep and induced Tuesday morning 4/24. My mom comes up to be with Rogan Monday night.
2) lungs are mature, dialated more, don't have to go into the hospital until Tuesday morning 4/24. My mom still comes up to be with Rogan Monday night.
3) lungs aren't mature... induction put on hold for maybe a week.  ugh.  My mom gets to stay home.  I become quite grumpy.

Hopefully 3) doesn't happen.  But if it does, that's ok, it's for the best.  I'm going on leave from work this Friday regardless.  It's just the way it worked out.  Plus, if I get news that will keep me pregnant another week I don't think many people will want to be around me.  haha.

So I could have 2 boys in 6 days?!?!  Crazy.

No comments:

Post a Comment