Tuesday, February 14, 2012

No More Crib!

Rogan officially has gotten rid of his crib, and as of Saturday night is sleeping in a full bed. Saturday afternoon, with Rogan's "help" (we wanted him to see what was happening and explain it to him), Ryan broke down the crib and we moved it into the other bedroom, what will be Baby #2's room, and moved the guest bed in for Rogan. He was very excited about his new bed. He and I went out to search for new "big boy" bedding.

So far it's been really good. And improvement from the open crib, since I can lay down with him. This was he goes right back to sleep, instead of whining that I'm not as close to him as he'd like. So what used to take 20 minutes+ in the middle of the night with me uncomfortable the whole time, now takes 5 minutes because I lay down next to him and he goes right back to sleep instantly and then I can sneak away. And I'm COMFORTABLE!! I'm laying right next to my big boy, and we are snuggled and cosy, it's awesome. So he still comes in to get me in the middle of the night. But (for now) there's no crying or fussing. It's a very calm and relaxed night in our house, which is what I want. I don't want the night to turn into something he's ever scared of or dreads because we aren't there. So I will do what he needs as long as he needs it. It's really not too much of a chore.

Tonight I will try to get a picture of Rogan in his new bed, with his new Cars sheets!!

No comments:

Post a Comment