Monday, August 22, 2011

Hello 27!

Saturday was my birthday. I like my birthday. I embrace my age. I know I'm still young, but even as I get older I think I'll still embrace it. Maybe that's the mathmatical part of me... I'm 27.

Friday morning my mom (and dad later after work) came up to stay with Rogan, and Ryan and I went downtown. It was great to get away for 24 hours. BUT

I was sick. I am rarely sick, more now I've noticed with a child in daycare who likes to bring home germs and put his little fingers in my mouth, but I'm still usually healthy.

But Friday I threw up... at the ball game. Whoops. The little girl and her mom in the stall next to me thought I was wasted. (I know this cause they were talking about me). But oh well, I was not wasted, far from it... I was sober. But whatever. I felt better after that. But then we needed to take the el back to our hotel... 15 minutes of standing in a jerky subway car had me racing to street level at our stop where I threw up again... somewhere close to Michigan Avenue... classy, Tracey. Ryan says I didn't get too many stares, but I'm sure I got a few. Oh well, back to the hotel for a nap. We did go to dinner, and then go have a drink (well, Ryan did), and I was feeling better. My stomach was just off.

Ryan had asked several times if I wanted or should we go home. My answer was a resounding no. 1) if i was contagious I was better off away from my parents and Rogan. 2) Rogan doesn't understand "mommy doesn't feel well". He would be all over me, or I would be locked up in the bedroom feeling guilty about being up there. 3) I didn't trust myself in a car for an hour unable to get to a restroom should I need to throw up again! So we stayed put. And we slept. And slept. For nearly 12 hours.

It. Was. Glorious. So refreshing. The next morning (my birthday!!) I was feeling much better. Worn out a bit, but on the mend. We ate a leisurely breakfast, and drove home. After we put Rogan down for a nap we went to see Captain America before my parents had to take off. A great day. That night (Saturday) I made up for not eating Friday by enjoying a movie with a side of Steak n Shake, sour gummy candy, and 1/2 bottle of champagne.

Rogan was well behaved (except when you want to change his diaper), and we had a great time all together Sunday. We went to the zoo and the park, and capped off the weekend with Blizzards from Dairy Queen.

... 27 feels pretty good so far.

No comments:

Post a Comment