Thursday, June 2, 2011

Tracey's Axioms

Tracey's Rules to Live By

Another blog I read did this, so I'm going to keep the chain going.

Before anything else in life, is my family.  My most valuable possessions are their support and the love we share.

Be proud of yourself and what you do.  I try to look back on every day and find a moment that I can be proud of.  Whether if it is finishing a project well at work, or doing something new with Rogan, or spending 15 minutes cleaning instead of sitting on the couch.

Forgive yourself.  We all make mistakes, some are easily forgotten, others aren't.  This is part of what makes us human.  Mistakes will happen.  Remember them, learn from them, and move on.

Be confident in your opinions and differences.  We are not in high school anymore.  Just because someone does something that is considered cool doesn't mean we all have to start doing it.  Embrace how you are an individual.

Do not go to bed angry.  The longest fight I have had with Ryan was just over 3 hours... And that is because we got in a fight on the way to a movie, watched the movie, and then finished fighting.  But we still resolved it before we crawled into bed.

Do not be a martyr.  And recognize when you are being one.  If someone says you're being a martyr... They are probably right.

Ask for help.  There is only so much you can do on your own.  I'm not good at this.  I always want to do it all.  And then I get upset if I can finish, or too stressed when I should have just asked for help in the first place.

Be humble.  Be grateful.  

Eat green vegetables everyday... Rogan too.

Tell my son and husband I love them every day. And kiss each of them every day. Specifically kiss Ryan before leaving for work every day.  Rogan gets kisses pretty much constantly.  :)

Set goals in your life.  Appreciate today, but look ahead to where you want to be. 

Here are my less strict rules... But still very important. 

Ketchup must always be in my fridge
I must unwind and watch tv in bed for at least 15 minutes before sleep
There are only 2 pairs of casual shoes... Swim sandals and snow boots.  Somewhere I can feel my mom and sister cringe as they read the above.
Always brush your tongue when brushing your teeth. 
I am allowed to sleep with Ryan Reynolds if the opportunity arises.  For those of you who don't who who that is google image search him right now! But then stop... Cause he's mine.
Do not leave the car windows down... Spiders might crawl in!
Kill all spiders in house on sight.
And ALWAYS say please and thank you.

... Alright, that's my list.  Ok Bloggers... Your turn!

No comments:

Post a Comment