Tuesday, October 11, 2011

Grandparents are Magical

Rogan and I went to my parent's house for a night this weekend. We got to go to Curtis Apple Orchard (a childhood favorite of mine) and have fun relaxing in Champaign.

But like I said in the title, grandparents have magic powers. These abilities include, but are not limited to:

1) having so much fun at curtis orchard, child will fall asleep in car. upon arriving at home, child is able to be transfered from car to crib without waking. MAGIC!!

2) child will nap for 3 HOURS. 1 of which was in the crib, another 2 on me on the couch while I watched food network and got to chat uninterupted with my mom. MAGIC!!

3) child will eat foods he usually rejects. grapes and apples. Rogan probably ate an entire apple (sliced up) while we were there. plus at least 2 cupfulls of sliced grapes, and a bowl of oatmeal for breakfast. MAGIC!!!

note... silly mommy was overjoyed and thought all of these new foods will still be eaten once we returned home. oh no, mommy. when presented with grapes or oatmeal after arriving back home, both were rejected with rage. the apple on the other hand, he only ate 1 slice, not the 5 he did in champaign, but it was eaten.


... I'm so lucky to have parents and in-laws who are relatively close. My parents are coming up on Friday so that Ryan and I can go to one of my childhood friend's weddings in Indy on Saturday. I'm very excited to have a night out with my husband, celebrate a new marriage with tons of friends, and have a monitor-less night, and a restful morning.

I have pics of the weekend, will try to put them up tonight.

No comments:

Post a Comment