Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Stomach Bug: Day 2

Last night going to bed Ryan mentioned he wasn't feeling well. He was right. He probably got up at least once an hour throughout the night. He says it's the worst night he's ever had. Rogan seemed good this morning, but I kept him home cause I needed proof he was back to normal... Poop wise... Gross I know, but turns out he was still off, so he still had the virus, and sall 3 of us stayed home.

Rogan did throw up today, once around 11. He hadn't thrown up in over 24 hours, was keeping applesauce, rice, and yogurt down, so I let him have a corn puff and a bite of vegetable baby food... And that didn't go well. Whoops. Sorry baby, too soon. For the rest of the day we stuck to what we knew worked, and we were good. He had good naps (he always sleeps great after a bath, which he got after he puked) and he drank pedialite and played with me all day. He still didn't want to snuggle much... He wants to play. But he was in a better mood and veery giggly we had a great time. If he's no worse tomorrow morning he's going to go to day care. I think it's run it's course.

Ryan slept until 8 or so, then migrated to the basement, where he stayed until a little after 1. He lived off of gatorade most of the day and slept. He needed it. He also was running a 101 degree fever this afternoon. Some Tylenol and another nap and it was down to mid-99s tonight and ate some soup. He's going to stay home again tomorrow. This hit him hard, he hasn't been sick like this in 15 years, so he's not too pleased.

As for me, I'm doing ok. Yesterday was worse than today, cause Rogan was worse and we had to travel to the doc in the middle of the day. Yesterday I felt so defeated by the end of it. Rogan would throw up, he would be screaming at me while I'm stripping him down in the sink. I'd get him bathed, dried, changed... Only for it to come out the other end the minute we were finished. And regardless of how icky he feels, he will NOT sit still for a diaper change. So I am wrestling my baby (and losing) tying to get a diaper on him and get him redressed. I get this accomplished and then he's off... Crawling toward the kitchen... NOO!!! It's still a hazardous waste area. And since he won't let me away from him, I do what I can with 1 arm and barricade him away from the area as bet I can. Luckily then he takes a nap. So nice. I then get to properly clean the throw up zone, get his (our) soiled stuff into the washer, take out the last round of previously soiled stuff out of the drier to be folded and fall on my awesome oversized couch with Bella until he wakes up.

I really am going to work tomorrow. Need to catch up, I'm very lucky to work at a firm that understands illness, and they had no problem with me being out. But I want to get back to it. I have things to do. So I'm showered, in bed, alarm set for 5am... Hope to be out the door by 5:30. 'night.

No comments:

Post a Comment