Friday, January 14, 2011

New Family Room...

Our family room is small. Well it's not that it's small, it's that our fireplace takes up a wall, and I foolishly gave into the fad and got oversized furniture when I moved into the apartment on my own. (But let it be known I LOVE the couch. It's big, it's comfy, it's the perfect napping place for Bella and I the past almost 5 years, and thanks Mom for the graduation gift.) So, back to the family room...

It's where we spend most of our time. A lot of Rogan's toys are there, the tv, it's where I fold laundry, relax, keep an eye on dinner, etc. But with Rogan and his toys there just wasn't enough space the way it was. (sorry I don't have a BEFORE picture... but a lot of you have been in our house, so you know). So with a little furniture re-arranging, and a few new items: a wall lamp, new white storage cubbies for Rogan with toddler friendly cloth cabinets, and a very small end table it looks like a new room. YAY!!


As you can see... Bella helped throughout this process. If only I could teach her to hand me the screwdriver! This picture is a prime example of the purpose of this room... on the couch are Rogan's clean clothes waiting to be folded.

No comments:

Post a Comment