Monday, November 22, 2010

Weekend Activities

We ha a pretty mellow weekend. We're still getting ready for Thanksgiving, so all three of us went grocery shopping Saturday. Rogan had a blast being pushed in the cart by Ryan, speeding down the aisles, as I searched the shelves for the next thing on our list.

Sunday was Rogan's daredevil day. He has recently (this week) discovered how to climb stairs. UGH! Stairs used to be an easy way to block his path... now, to him they are a fun obstacle that must be accomplished!! It's all a game to him. He looks at us with a sly little grin, then crawls on over there. I think Ryan and I pulled him off the stairs 50 times yesterday. The gate is going up tonight. But in those 50 times, once we were not fast enough. And it became Rogan vs. Bannister, and Rogan lost. He had a bump on his head the rest of the morning. Of course, that did not keep him from continuing his quest the rest of the day.

I guess I shouldn't be surprised.. 2 stubborn strong willed parents will undoubtedly have a child even more so than they are. As he grows and more and more of his personality comes out, it's really fun (and a little scary) to see how much he's like Ryan and me. The kid is stubborn and MOTIVATED! Diaper changes and getting dressed are now two-person jobs! because the last thing he wants is to be laying still on his back (sad this was ALL he wanted to do for the first 3 months of his life). And the kid is strong! So it takes one person to hold him down/entertain him and the other person to put the diaper/clothes on. Whew! But along with this he's also hilarious. He laughs all the time, and is such a happy boy to be around. I took him to Target with me yesterday while Ryan was working outside, he gets so tickled to see other kids in carts. He likes flirting with the other girls. And he laughs when the smile at him. I have to admit it's the best part of going shopping, I get to push around my stud and listen to everyone say "look at the cute baby!". I'm a proud mama. (which is STILL his word of choice.)

No comments:

Post a Comment