Sunday, November 28, 2010

Thanksgiving 2010 Recap

We had a great holiday. So many things to be thankful for. Rogan was loved by so many, and it was great to see both sides of the family. We hosted for the first time, and I'm happy to report nothing was burnt, undercooked, or dropped. Everything made it to the table fairly hot, and we had a great meal. Rogan ate turkey bits, mashed potatoes, stuffing, and green beans. He will try anything right now, which I love. If you hold it up and he's hungry, BING!, mouth open! And very rarely does he spit anything out.

Friday I got up at 3:30am to start Black Friday shopping! I'm not one of those people who will spend thousands of dollars, or has to be one of the first people in line to get a flat screen tv, but there were a few items I saw on sale that I wanted to pick up. And if I went later and they were gone, I would be kicking myself that I slept and missed out on saving money.

Target was first, 4am. I dual screen portable DVD player for the car. This is both for Rogan and for the passenger (either Ryan or me). I remember long car rides with my parents, and there is only so much napping, so much singing, and so many games you can play. I would have loved to have something like this as a kid, so there, I bought it as an adult.

Second was a new car seat for Rogan. He's met the height and weight requirement to step up to a toddler seat instead of his infant carrier. And we actually need 2 of them, since Ryan drops him of at daycare and I pick him up, until now Ryan lugs the carrier into daycare and leaves it there all day until I get there, and then I lug Rogan and the carrier back out to the car. NO MORE! We picked up 2 toddler seats on Black Friday, these stay in the car. It's great, and I think Rogan likes them too. A little sad that the seat he came home in will now be collecting dust in the basement, but that sadness is greatly outweighed by the joy of having these new seats.

Saturday morning we headed down to Champaign. I hadn't seen Kara since she left for school back in August, and I really missed her. So it was great to see her, mom, and dad. We hung around while Rogan cruised his new surroundings, trying to wrestle their 12 year old golden retriever who got insanely jealous that mom was paying so much attention to the "new baby". hilarious. Mom and I went out shopping for Rogan for Christmas (while we were out I saw the carseat we bought at Toys R Us was listed at TWICE what I paid for it the day before, so that immediately made my day). And then Kara, Ryan, and I went to see HP 7.1 while mom and dad stayed with Rogan. IT WAS GREAT! I think I've seen every HP movie with Kara, so we kept with tradition. I can't wait to see the next one this summer.

This morning Rogan decided he wanted to wake up at 4:30am... ugh. I was able to walk, sway, and rock him back to sleep until 5:40 or so, but then he was wide awake. I'm still sleepy tonight. Going to go watch Amazing Race and call it a night.

Here are some pics from the holiday:

No comments:

Post a Comment