Wednesday, March 21, 2012

Baby #2 Update

Name Update:
Well I think we finally decided on a name... we've had the first for a while, it was the middle name that was giving us some trouble. Ryan liked one, I liked another. And in the end we decided to compromise since our 2nd favorite was the same. So I can cross that task off my list, as small as it may be. Most family knows, but it won't be revealed publicly until after he's here.

Growth Update:
As of yesterday Baby #2's head was the average size of a 35 week old, abdomen of a 34 week old, and legs of a 33 week old. (note he's really in between 32 and 33 weeks right now).

This is all very normal, and reminds me of Rogan. Rogan's legs lagged in ultrasound measurements too, and now he's the 90th% with long legs. So it doesn't mean much. Also, the last ultrasound we had with Rogan before he was born his head was "off the charts", since the growth chart only went up to 42 weeks, and he was supposedly above that. He ended up with a large, but not freakish head. So I take that measurement with a grain of salt as well. All it means to me is that baby #2 is growing a LOT like his older brother, and is healthy, which is priority 1.

All this sums up to an estimated weight of 5lbs 7oz right now. I WISH I could find Rogan's stats from this time. I know I have them somewhere. I will look today.

5-6 weeks left to go (hopefully).

No comments:

Post a Comment