Monday, September 12, 2011

Our Little Travel Companion

This weekend we went to visit friends who have a new 3 week old daughter. SO PRECIOUS! You forget how tiny babies are at first, and all the little sounds they make, and how what new parents consider "screaming" seems so quiet compared to the noise and screaming of a toddler. haha. it was a great 24 hour trip.

Rogan was awesome. He has never been a bad traveler, but I've noticed now he's getting even better, and such a big boy. We like to start trips when Rogan's tired, so we start off, get on the interstate, pop in his bedtime CD, and he's out. There has only been one trip he didn't sleep at all (a 5 hour trip fron stl in May), but usually this will put him out for an hour or so.

When he's awake he much more verbal about what he wants, whether it's juice, snack, a toy, or wants to give me back one of those things. His new phrase is "here you are", usually handing you his sippy or half-eaten snack that may or may not have been in his mouth already... and it comes out as one word... "heewaa". totally cute. I love it (especially since this is way better than throwing the sippy and snack on the floor, which still happens from time to time), I say thank you, and he smiles in delight at being a big boy.
Note: 10 seconds later I will here "i wan dat one"... and I give it back. haha.

He's also become a wiz at the iPad, and especially in the car, I don't see anything wrong with him watching a show or playing a learning game. This past weekend he wasn't into games too much, more the shows. He alternated between "abba" (Yo Gabba Gabba) and "woe woe" (Special Agent Oso). Yo Gabba Gabba is a new thing for him in the past few weeks. But now he really likes it. I know they watch it at day care, and it really is a good show for kids learning basic skills. (though I'm convinced they are all on acid while they write/film this show). If you've never seen it, youtube it to get a glimpse of what I mean. TRIPPY!!

1 comment:

  1. I agree. The yo gaba gaba show is CRACK for kids. Seriously. My boys act like they are on glue when this show comes on. Even Matthew still, who's five now.

    ReplyDelete